Lets talk football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zola facing the axe from West Ham's new owners

2 posters

Go down

Zola facing the axe from West Ham's new owners Empty Zola facing the axe from West Ham's new owners

Post  Admin Sat 16 Jan - 14:38

David Sullivan and David Gold were last night on the verge of taking over West Ham, putting Gianfranco Zola's position in serious doubt.
The former Birmingham owners were described as being in 'pole position' in the race to buy the club, with a deal likely to be concluded in the next few days.

It appears the pair's £50million offer to take a controlling stake with an option for a full buy-out has been preferred to that of Malaysian Air Asia entrepreneur Tony Fernandes, who has also made a determined bid for the club.
There has been interest, too, from Cagliari president Massimo Cellino and finance company Intermarket Group, but a source close to the negotiations said: 'It looks like it is Sullivan and Gold.'
The duo are former West Ham shareholders and their interest in West Ham has been clear since they sold Birmingham to Carson Yeung last October.
They have promised to provide funds to reinforce the team, who go to Aston Villa today desperately needing points in their fight for Premier League survival.
But their arrival at Upton Park will be bad news for boss Zola, with a more experienced replacement likely to be brought in.
The Italian has been in charge for 16 months in circumstances that would have tested a long-established boss, never mind one in his first club management job.
Zola has considered quitting at times and while he has vowed to fight on regardless of off-field changes, he will not beg to stay.
He said: 'The new owners may not want to speak to me. I think I can do this job well and that is enough, but I have to prove it to everybody else, every day.
'For me, the pitch speaks. If what I am doing isn't good enough then it is right they change me. The sack is not a fear for me at all.'
West Ham could today come up against one of the players Zola had to sacrifice last summer, Villa defender James Collins, and the manager has few forward options.
With unsuccessful loanee Luis Jimenez his only fit senior striker, Zola said: 'I have Frank Nouble, Freddie Sears, Jimenez and . . . myself! But I am not afraid of playing youngsters.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1243781/Zola-facing-axe-West-Hams-new-owners.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0coVmheBr

wouldnt be to upset by this, i think the pressure it getting to Zola
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lets-talk-football.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Zola facing the axe from West Ham's new owners Empty Re: Zola facing the axe from West Ham's new owners

Post  stretchafc Sat 16 Jan - 15:36

Bout bloody time the club got taken over, you lot need it asap to have some action in the Jan. window.
stretchafc
stretchafc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Zola facing the axe from West Ham's new owners Empty Re: Zola facing the axe from West Ham's new owners

Post  Admin Sat 16 Jan - 15:44

just hope its completed in time otherwise it could be goodbuy west ham
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lets-talk-football.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down