Elmander can turn it around - Coyle

Go down

Elmander can turn it around - Coyle

Post  IceQueen on Wed 20 Jan - 3:56

Bolton manager Owen Coyle is in no doubt that Johan Elmander can turn himself into a success story despite a tough first 18 months at the club.

Elmander has struggled to make an impression at the Reebok Stadium since he was signed by Gary Megson for a fee of around £10million in June 2008.

The Sweden international has scored just eight goals for Wanderers in all competitions and has not even made the starting line-up since November.

But having taken over as boss, Coyle - who played up front for Bolton in the 1990s - is keen to give his new players a chance to prove their worth and he believes Elmander can rediscover his touch in front of goal.

"I have played as a striker myself and been at different clubs," said Coyle, who brought Elmander on for the last 10 minutes of Sunday's 2-0 defeat at Arsenal, his first match in charge.

"I think if a striker isn't scoring goals, they are always going to come in for criticism. I have spoken to Johan and it's a clean slate for him, but it's up to him to show the qualities he has.

"He came to the club with a big reputation and nobody gave him that reputation - he earned that through his quality.

"There is no doubt as far as I'm concerned that he can go and rekindle that and show everybody the quality he has.

"Ultimately it's up to him, when he gets the chance, to show everybody what a top player he is."
IceQueen

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/Diamonelle?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Elmander can turn it around - Coyle

Post  stretchafc on Wed 20 Jan - 10:42

I think he's a good player but couldn't handle the Prem or maybe he's at the wrong club over here and it don't suit is style but I don't want to critcise him too much because he will only go and bang a couple in against us out of spite.
stretchafc
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  IceQueen on Wed 20 Jan - 11:00

stretchafc wrote:I think he's a good player but couldn't handle the Prem or maybe he's at the wrong club over here and it don't suit is style but I don't want to critcise him too much because he will only go and bang a couple in against us out of spite.

I think hes at the wrong club personally, Bolton players dont seem to gel together very well
IceQueen

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchafc on Wed 20 Jan - 12:14

Could be, they did have the gloom of the fans being solely against the manager from day one. I don't think that Megson was fully dedicated either I think he knew he was fighting a losing battle and hoped to just be done and get his pay off.

Since Allardyce though who perfected that shitty long ball football, it'll be hard for anyone to go there and get them playing that football and doing it well. Imo Bolton are established in the league but I wouldn't mind seeing them go down and a team like WBA who try to play attractive football to replace them. Oh and we have a poor record against Bolton in general where as we tend to do well against WBA :greengrin:
stretchafc
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  IceQueen on Wed 20 Jan - 15:46

Bolton havent been the same since Big Sam left and I cant see them being any good again tbh
IceQueen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down