Beckford 'agrees' Everton transfer

Go down

Beckford 'agrees' Everton transfer

Post  IceQueen on Wed 20 Jan - 3:52

Leeds United manager Simon Grayson has suggested Jermaine Beckford has agreed a deal to join Everton at the end of the season.

Beckford, whose current Leeds contract expires in the summer, recently withdrew a request to leave Elland Road before the close of the transfer window.

He had been a target for Newcastle United, with the Championship leaders reportedly having several bids for the striker turned down by Leeds.

However, reports now suggest that Beckford has already signed a pre-contract to move to Premier League side Everton when his Leeds deal runs out.

Grayson intimated that a deal is in place between Beckford and the Toffees, but believes the 26-year-old could yet move to a bigger club.

"Pre-contract agreements aren't binding, so both parties could pull out at any time," said Grayson in The Sun.

"If he bangs in another 20 goals, there might be bigger teams than Everton coming in for him."

Reports also claim Leeds have agreed an undisclosed fee with League One rivals Southend United for striker Lee Barnard.
IceQueen

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/Diamonelle?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Beckford 'agrees' Everton transfer

Post  stretchafc on Wed 20 Jan - 10:46

Everton?! I don't even think he'd be too great at the top of the CCC. On a free I suppose and it will be a lucrative deal, but he will become a small fish in a big pond as opposed to the big fish in a small pond.
stretchafc
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  IceQueen on Wed 20 Jan - 10:51

He might prove us wrong, but many good lower division players have come up to the prem, only to be shown up big time
IceQueen

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchafc on Wed 20 Jan - 12:22

Exactly, Nugent amazing at Preston but did nothing at Pompey and now has had a good game or two on loan to Burnley but nothing spectacular.

Earnshaw with Norwich I think is another. Amazing CCC striker but never made an imprint on the Prem, I reckon maybe he's too easy to bully in the top league.

Ebanks-Blake battered the life out of the CCC and this season unknown.

Let's not even mention Marlon 'pick the soap up, now he's a bummer' King.

Think I might revisit this when Beckford arrives so I can add him to the list and in case I think of anymore.
stretchafc
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  IceQueen on Wed 20 Jan - 15:43

Well lets face it, hes going to be scrutinised and critised however he plays
IceQueen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content